The Mission of La Maestra Foundation is to provide and support advocacy and community services that improve the overall well-being of low-income, culturally diverse individuals and families in San Diego and guide them along the path to self-sufficiency. Services include job training and placement; microcredit loans; microenterprise assistance; affordable housing assistance; transitional housing and access to nutritious food and clothing.
La Maestra Foundation's key initiatives include:
• Advocacy for under-represented, low-income and culturally diverse populations in our neighborhoods.
• Provision of resources for micro-enterprises, including financial literacy education and start-up loans.
• Advocacy for and creation of safe affordable housing and job training and employment opportunities for individuals and families throughout San Diego County.
• Acquisition, rehabilitation and management of single-family and multi-family housing for rent to low- to moderate-income individuals and families throughout San Diego County.
• Commitment to cultural competency throughout integrated services.
• Sustainability through diverse funding sources, internal fund development, and business development (microenterprises) to provide additional resources
2017 La Maestra Foundation
Webmaster: Zygmunt Krylat